2nd Community Poll - subscribe for $3/mo
16% of those who responded to our last poll said they would be willing to pay for premium content. I think the other 82% weren't sure how much they would pay and for what exactly. So now I'm running a 2nd poll to clarify on what I'm proposing.
What do I get for $3/mo?
For $3 USD per month:
- BF would be updated on a daily basis with new content, corrections and support.
- The community would receive premium support by having their questions answered on an individual basis.
- Common problems would have a library of solutions.
- Beginners could get their development environments setup faster without all the odd errors and problems.
- The most recent tools would be tested with existing tutorials.
- More advanced tutorials would be written(think USB, PCI, CDs, tcp/ip, etc).
- Videos and podcasts would be created to better teach developers concepts and ideas.
- High level programming techniques would be taught and a focus on improving general programming skills would be emphasized.
- BF would remain free, open and transparent thanks to voluntary subscriptions by visitors like you.
How can we make this happen?
We need 1700 subscribers at $3/mo to generate $5100 per month minus PayPal fees in the amount of $657.90 which would leave $4442.10. This would go toward my full time position as manager of BF. It would allow me to accomplish all of the above and more. It would allow me to establish a legal entity in the US to foster BF's progress. A good portion of this amount would go toward income tax as well. I'd expect to take home $3000 of it per month. My plan would be to grow BF into a larger community and hire additional developers from our community to grow it into a well established online resource for programmers all over the world. I have many ideas(as I'm sure you do, too) on how BF can become even more awesome; these ideas listed here are only a beginning.
In order to get the ball rolling on all of this, I need to know that I have your support. If I do not receive enough votes in support of this idea then I will keep my current full-time job and I will continue to keep BF online at my own expense. If I do receive enough votes in support of this, then I will start the ball rolling immediately.
So what will it be?VOTE: Would you subscribe to BF for $3/mo to support creation of quality content and an active community?: Vote Now!
Brenden aka xsism